Asheville 2014 — Overview
Sunday, August 17 to Tuesday, August 19, 2014
We’re excited to announce our seventh Food Blog Forum event in beautiful Asheville, North Carolina! The grandeur of America’s Largest Home, Biltmore, and the colorful Blue Ridge Mountain city of Asheville will give attendees so much to see, do, and eat while visiting. The conference on Monday will be a full day of informative sessions and networking opportunities. Then, on Tuesday, bloggers will be whisked away for a full-day gourmet adventure sponsored by Explore Asheville.
Surrounded by the highest peaks in the eastern US and intersected by the famed Blue Ridge Parkway, Asheville’s deep farm roots and artistic spirit have fostered a food community filled with independent restaurants and artisan food producers who are pushing the bounds of Southern food traditions, taking inspiration from world cuisine…and snapping up James Beard nominations in the process.
Toast your trip to this food utopia with local sake, cider or wine from America’s Most Visited Winery at Biltmore. Or, get your “Beer City USA” green card with a pint of craft beer. After all, Asheville has more micro-breweries per capita than anywhere else in the nation. Come experience life in Foodtopia.
Registration opens April 15th, 2014 at 2:00PM EDT/11:00AM PDT via EventBrite. Early bird tickets will be available for $125 through May 15th, at which point the price will increase to $165. Space is limited and we do expect this event to sell out. We will have a limited number of companion tickets available for spouses/significant others (18 and up) to attend the Sunday night welcome party. All other activities are for attendees only.
Event hashtag: #FBFAsh
Register Now on EventBrite »
Sunday, August 17th, 6:30-8:30PM:
Monday, August 18th, 8:00AM-9:00PM:
- Full day conference at Biltmore, plus a post-conference evening gathering, including a special behind-the-scenes tour of Biltmore House and a dinner experience.
- You are responsible for your own transportation to/from the conference venue (we’ll post a carpool list as the event draws closer). It is about a 15 minute drive from the DoubleTree hotel to the estate. Please present your conference badge to the admissions gate attendant and proceed into the estate; there is plenty of parking at the lot at Lioncrest.
- Do note that if you are staying at the DoubleTree, there will not be time to return to the hotel between the day and evening events.
Tuesday, August 19th, 10:30AM-10:00PM:
- Meet the Foodtopians: Tasting Event & Farm Tours is brought to you by Explore Asheville. Handcrafted cheese, craft beer, wood-fired bread, cooking demos and mountainside berry picking are just a few of the tasty adventures to experience on this day-long tasting and tour event spanning the local food, farm, independent restaurant and brewing culture.
- Pre-registration for the “Meet the Foodtopians” event is necessary, please RSVP with your conference registration. Space is limited so this event is for bloggers only.
- This is an all-day event; transportation will be provided to/from the farms and venues, departing and returning to Doubletree Biltmore. There will be a 60-minute break before the evening portion resumes.
- Please wear comfortable clothes, sunscreen and walking shoes for exploring life on these working farms.
- These farms are not wheelchair accessible, so please contact us if this is an issue.
- For Asheville travel information & insight into the culinary scene visit http://www.exploreasheville.com/foodblogforum2014/
- Please direct all questions regarding this event to email@example.com.
Please see the Schedule page for a full schedule of events.
SOLD OUT DoubleTree Asheville:
- $139 per night, double occupancy rooms.
- We have reserved a block of rooms at this special rate, book before 7/17/14 to lock in the discounted price. Please mention “Food Blog Forum: Asheville” to get the discounted rate.
- Website: DoubleTree Asheville
Biltmore Village Lodge:
- For those unable to book a room at the DoubleTree, we’ve arranged an additional room block at this hotel located just across the street from the DoubleTree hotel. Book your room ASAP as space is limited.
- $95 per night, double occupancy rooms.
- Visit http://www.biltmorevillagelodge.com/ and click Book Now. Enter group code 8-17B and continue with your room selection. You can also book by phone at 1(828) 277-1800, and mention group code 8-17B.
- For more information about Asheville and things to do if you want to extend your trip, please visit Explore Asheville.
Sponsor this Event
Interested in sponsoring this event? Please contact us for sponsorship packages and information.